Saturday, February 27, 2010

20-miler on my treadmill

Well i did it this morning....20 miles on my treadmill. Aaron, Nikko and I went for a walk last night and the sidewalks were a mess. Aaron almost fell just walking! The ones that were shoveled had a slight layer of new snow on them with ice underneath. Plus, there were mounds of snow on all the intersections. I decided that I was going to have to run on the TM. I woke up this morning, and we had about 3 more inches! I am not a trail runner. I am a baby when it comes to bad weather, so to the TM I went! I ordered a movie on PPV...The Box. I watched it for about an hour and I had to stop, it was so bad! I then found some stuff on TV and kept myself occupied. I even watched 90210! I ate a bag of sweedish fish, drank about 28 oz of water and 15 oz of G2. I was sweating so badly I am afraid to weigh myself right now. I had to have lost about 2 lbs of water weight! Aaron came in from snow blowing (for the 3rd time in two days), found the camera and snapped some pics (since he thought I was crazy). At the end, I decided I need to document this feat with a picture! See below (the first pic is actually 171 minutes...the timer starts over after 100 minutes! My new set-up in the basement is great! It is so nice to watch tv and not have to turn my head!

Cutback Week next week (and I need it!)
Monday: 5 mi
Tuesday: 6 mi
Wednesday: 7 x 800 prob. 5.5-6 miles
Thursday: 6 mi pace (Nikko has a vet appt on Friday, so i am switching days)
Saturday: 12 miles
Total: 34.5 miles



2 comments:

  1. You are so amazing! 20 miles on a treadmill????? That is some dedication. I am trying for my first 7 mile run on Wednesday... wish me luck!

    So glad you included the picture!!!!!!! You ate a bag of swedish fish while running?????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the 7....you will be fine! and Thanks for commenting...at least I know someone reads my blog!

    I always eat when running! When I run that far, I need to replenish your calories. I've almost passed out several times from low blood sugar and dehydration. I like swedish (and thanks for the correct spelling...I've been spelling it wrong all this time!) fish, but I also do raisins, gummy bears, GU, etc!

    ReplyDelete