Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My computer got a virus, so I haven't been able to update. Last week was a great running week! I actually made it outside 4 times. I only did my intervals on the treadmill. This week, unfortunately, is not fun! It is my second peak week and running 50 miles is not fun. So far, the weather has been glorious this week! Yesterday, I actually ran 5 miles in shorts. I saw something I haven't seen in months...other runners! It is nice to see people out and about again. It makes me feel like I'm not running alone all the time.

I have been keeping an eye on the forecast, and it is supposed to pour rain Friday and Saturday. This is great since I have to run 10 miles on Friday and 20 on Saturday. I am definitely running the 20 outside, so if it is pouring, I am going to get wet and probably chafe and get blisters! I will live though.

I am debating running a race on the 21st. It is a 4.5 miler and I run it every year. I don't necessarily like racing when I am training because I don't feel like I am fast. It is before my last peak week, so I am afraid racing all out for 4.5 miles will make my legs tired all week. Plus, there is alot of pressure on me because I have placed in my age group for the last two years. I just realized that this is my last year in my age group...20-29. Next year, I have to move up! This is good in some ways because a really good local runner is a year ahead of me, so I usually place second in my age group to her, so she should be moving up this year. If there is a 30-39 age group next year, I will be in trouble. There are some really good runners in the 35-36 range. Oh well, why stress about it now!

Here's the schedule this week Peak Week #2
Monday: 5 miles outside
Tuesday: 10 miles outside
Wednesday: 7x hill on treadmill...the hills are going to kick my butt at Boston. I'm resigned to this.
Friday: 10 miles
Saturday: 20 miles

On a personal note: Thursday is my 29th birthday. I am going out for dinner on Friday night with friends and on Saturday night with my family. It is a good thing I am running so much this week since I will be stuffing my face. St. Patty's Day is really big in our area with the Scranton parade. People go to the bar and drink their faces off all day on Saturday. We may go to a local bar for a little bit since my sister-in-law from DC will be there with her friends, but I want to wait to see how I am feeling after a wet 20. It should be a fun week (minus the running!).

No comments:

Post a Comment