Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 9

Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: 9 miles outside at 8:48 pace
Wednesday: 6 x 800 at 8.7 speed 1% incline on the treadmill 2:30 recovery in between for a total of 5 miles
Friday: 9 mile pace
Saturday: 12 miles (Cutback week!)
Total: 39 miles

I am almost afraid to say it, but training has been going really well. I have been running very strongly and my paces are quicker than last cycle without any more effort. I find myself being paranoid about every little pain. The thought of an injury scares me half to death! Lately, I have noticed my lower back getting sore. This happened last training cycle and I spent a week limping around because my back hurt so badly. This cycle, I have not been seeing a chiropractor, and I am hoping that I don't need to start. I guess I just need to keep an eye on it.

Running 8/9 miles after work is a pain in the butt! I don't mind 6 or 7 milers, but for 8 or 9 (soon to be 10), it is hard to get everything done that needs to get done. I have been using my crockpot and cooking dinner before I leave for work, and that has been helping. We have been so busy with this basement and moving things from upstairs to downstairs, that I haven't had much free time.

We hired movers to move my treadmill, and they wouldn't touch it! THey measured our stairs and said it would have to be taken apart to fit down the stairs, but they didn't want to be the ones to take it apart. I am kinda glad because it is my most prized possession and I don't want people just screwing around with it! I have been thinking about getting it serviced soon anyway, since I never have, and it has tons of miles on it. Aaron seems to think he can take it apart, so I guess we will see.

After this week, I am halfway finished with training! Unfortunately, it is the most difficult part of training! I really only have 6 more weeks until the taper and I am counting down the weeks! I wasn't thrilled to start training, so the last nine weeks have flown by and my attitude is much better. I am still not sure what my goal is going to be at Boston because I really don't know if I can PR. I can't believe I ran a 3:37 at Steamtown and I don't want to be disappointed if I don't do better. I want to enjoy the experience and take it all in.

That's all for today...I am off to enjoy my day off and have fun in the snow with Nikko!

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo impressed. I did 5 miles yesterday on the treadmill.... 11 minute miles. I'm so slow.

    ReplyDelete