Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 7

I don't have time for a long post, but I wanted to post the mileage for this week. This is what I considered the "hard" part of training! 8-miles after work is a pain, and this week they start!

Schedule
Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: 8 miles
Wednesday: 5 x hill (at least 4 miles)
Friday: 8 miles
Saturday: 16 miles
Total: 40 miles...it's been awhile since I ran that much in one week!

They are saying it might be a mess on Saturday morning: snow, sleet, freezing rain. I really hope they are wrong (they usually are). I REALLY don't want to run 16 miles on the treadmill or in the ice. \

Last week, the running was fine. I did my long run of 10 at 8:53 and my pace run of 7 at 8:12. My legs were tired on Sunday, which is odd for a cutback week! I need to make sure I don't run too fast, as I don't want to burn myself out. This week is going to be extremely busy. The carpet is being installed in the basement next Monday, and there is still alot of painting to finish up. So this is my plan for the week: work, run, paint. Sounds fun!

2 comments:

  1. Painting???? Now you are talking my language. Ok... so I think I am running my first 1/2 marathon in April.... training seriously starts tomorrow. I am nervous as heck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....I mean painting walls and trim...and I'm not good at it at all!

    Go for the half! Don't be nervous! I ran my first half 3 years ago this April and you see what that inspired. Running is pure dedication. If you put in the miles, you will finish the race. And...it is the best feeling ever to cross the finish line!

    ReplyDelete