Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Week 4

I realized I slacked on posting Week 4!

Monday: 3 miles (OUTSIDE!)
Tuesday: 6 miles (treadmill at 7.3 speed and 1% incline)
Wednesday: 4 x hill (at least 3 miles, probably more) I run for 3 minutes on 9% incline, 7.2 speed then slow down with no incline for 3 minutes and repeat)
Friday: 6 miles
Satuday: 13 miles....longest run since Steamtown!

This week I decided that I need to suck it up and run outside. I see many people running on Wyoming Ave, and I am just being a baby about the cold. Yesterday, I wore my new Under Armour Cold Gear and my new face mask. I was nice and toasty warm! In fact, half a mile in, I had to pull the face mask off (ok, so it was about 25 degrees, which isn't that cold, but I wanted to try it out!). I was shocked at how warm I felt. I was actually sweating when I got home! I wanted to run outside today, but I also wanted to bake chicken in the oven, and don't feel comfortable leaving the house with the oven on, so I hopped on the treadmill and watched Law and Order. It was a good run.

I am still very slightly feeling my left knee (IT BAND!). It doesn't hurt, but I can feel it. My chiro always asked me to evaluate my pain on a scale from 1-10, so I guess this is a 1. I have to start using my foam roller more religiously. I also need to start doing more core work. I have been slacking!

On the basement front...I painted all the trim (crown molding and all the doors). Anyone who knows Aaron knows how anal he is. We take NO shortcuts in this house! I spent my Christmas break sanding, patching, priming, and painting. Aaron actually said I did better job than he would have! This is very impressive. Perhaps, he just wants to keep encouraging me so I will keep working. We also picked out our carpeting, which is different that I envisioned. We are going very dark. The carpet guy talked us into it considering out other color choices. I think it will look really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment