Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 Review and 2010 Goals

I ran 1598 miles in 2009. I wish I ran 2 more to make it an even 1600, but I didn't realize it til I added all the miles up. I ran 1379 (.4) in 2008, so I did have a mileage increase. Here is what my year looked like:

January: 137
February: 125
March: 168.5
April: 130
May: 93.2
June: 123.2
July: 163.5
August: 168.5
September: 182 (the most EVER!)
October: 76 (marathon + 2 weeks off)
November: 115
December: 115.75

Overall, my year had ups and downs. I was really bummed after the NJ Marathon, and I had my first running injury. I fulfilled a dream with Steamtown when I qualified for Boston. Plus, I had some solid PRs in a variety of distances.

What does 2010 hold? Running wise, I am really not sure. I am not sure what my goals are. I am super psyched to run Boston, but still not thrilled about training for it! I honestly don't know if I can improve my time. I didn't think I was capable of running a 3:37. Plus, I had the goal of BQing to motivate me. Now that I reached that, I am not sure what my goal is. I think I am going to aim for an improvement of any sort, even if it is only 30 seconds! My training will give me more insight as I get further into it.

A big goal is to run a half marathon and smash my current time (1:49). I think I am capable of running sub 1:40, so that is a goal. The problem is that I can't find a good half marathon that suits my time table. I don't like to race when I am training because I am not fast and my legs always feel dead. Boston is April 19th, so the Lehigh Valley Half, and Long Branch Half are too close. There is a half marathon in Annapolis that I have my eye on. It is in June which is appealing. I can still reap the rewards of marathon training without really training for it. I will have to see if Lex and Amy are up for it. Amy says it will be a good come back race for her (post baby), and Lex is up in the air. So we will see. Other than that, there are no other races until fall.

Which brings me to...a fall marathon! I am not sure I am up for another training cycle. I may take a break. I would like to get into a one marathon per year routine, and I would prefer to train in the summer, so I will have to see about a fall marathon. I am not going to decide that now. It will depend on what the rest of my running crew has in mind. I know Amy is eyeing up Steamtown. I feel kinda finished with that race though. The perk is that it is a hometown race, so I don't have to travel. Lex said that Marine Corp is definitely worth doing. Oh well, time will tell.

My goals for other areas of my life (since running isn't my WHOLE life)....again, I am not sure. I just want to maintain what I already have!

Professionally, I am in a good spot. I finished all my graduate work, and my 7th graders are top in the county in reading. I would like our school to maintain our scores or improve.

Financially, we are lucky that we both have good jobs and can afford to do the things we want to do. I would like to continue to save money, yet enjoy life.

Personally, Aaron and I have a very solid relationship, so I am happy on that front. I would like to finish remodeling my home (doubtful). I would like to travel (which I know I will).

Our family has many big events happening: Amy and Tina are having babies, and Shelby is getting married. I have a few good friends, which I am satisfied with. I hope our family continues to be healthy. There is one major very stressful event that has been going on for quite awhile that I don't feel comfortable sharing in blogland, but those close to me know what it is, and I am praying for some resolution on that front. That will go a long way towards making many of us happier and less stressed, so I am hopeful for some resolution (although, I have nothing to do with making that happen).

So happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment