Saturday, December 18, 2010

No More Running

I have been dreading writing this post. I am officially done running until after I give birth. I made it to 34 weeks and 1 day. I ran 5 miles December 5th, and now I can't walk without pain (for the last 2 weeks). I am super bummed because I fully intended to run up to the day I give birth, but my body has other plans. I am currently limping around like an old lady. I went to the doctor this week, and he wasn't sympathetic at all. He told me it happens when you are pregnant, and will go away once I give birth. Yesterday, I went to a chiropractor, and he told me that it isn't sciatica pain. He said that is the commonly used term whenever pregnant women have lower back pain. Mine is only on the right side, down near my butt. He said it is most likely inflamed vertibrate. It is a painful condition, but not serious at all. He adjusted me and did some ART on the area, and said he should be able to get me better, but I won't be 100% until after I give birth. I really don't feel any better, but I have another appointment on Monday. I feel better being proactive rather than just sitting around in pain.

It took me this long to come to terms with this. I know I am lucky to have made it this long, but I can't help but feel disappointed. I keep thinking about the fitness I am losing, and the extra weight I am going to gain. Luckily, all my extra weight (23 lbs of it) is in my stomach. I'm really not as big as I thought I would get, but I have always been body conscious, and running helps me feel better about myself. Now, I am resigned to the couch! I work all day (which is exhausting and painful), then I come home and just lay on the couch until it is time to go to bed. I have been incredibly blessed with an easy pregnancy, so if this is the worst I have to put up with, I am lucky (at least that is what I keep telling myself).

On a positive note, the nursery is just about finished! I still need to organize the baby stuff, but I feel pretty good about our progress. I am still hoping the baby comes a little early....1/11/11 perhaps! I have 3 more days of work, then I am off til Jan 3rd. I am planning on installing the carseats, sterilizing all the bottles and pacifiers, and getting the clothes put away (I have been washing things here and there). Here are some pics of our nursery.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am totally impressed with your running! I've always hoped that someday I can remain active when I become pregnant. And dang, you did a great job!

    And your nursery is really cute. I can always think of cute ideas for girl baby rooms, but not really boy rooms.

    ReplyDelete