Sunday, December 26, 2010

Way to Go, Chiro!

I love my chiropractor. 3 visits, and I am pain free! I seriously feel SOOOO much better. I went from not being able to walk, to moving around quite easily again! There is such a difference in my mood. The pain was really wearing me down, and now I feel like myself again. In addition, he told me to be as active as I can. Hmm....I told him that may not be the right thing to say to me, but he told me to do whatever I feel like and listen to my body. 2 days last week, I walked Nikko around the block. Today, 3 weeks after stopping, I woke up feeling completely normal (minus the big belly and 23 additional lbs in my stomach, so I ran 3 miles on the treadmill. I went at 6.0 speed (10 min miles). I stopped at 15 minutes, and again at 25 minutes, but I ran the whole thing relatively pain free. My hips are a little achy, but my back feels just fine. Hopefully, this wasn't a stupid move, but I guess only time will tell. I feel so much better about myself, so as of now, I don't regret it one bit. 3 miles at 37 weeks is an accomplishment! I am just going to play it by year, and not set any mileage goals, but just listen to the chiropractor and stay as active as I can in the last few weeks. For now, I am on cloud 9!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Erin! Glad to hear you're doing better, and best wishes with the new baby. I live in Iowa, BTW, but I'm originally from Cinnaminson, NJ. Your chiropractor sounds great.

    ReplyDelete