Friday, November 26, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I am almost 33 weeks and much has changed since my last post! I definitely look pregnant now. Actually, I am pretty fortunate and am not huge, but my belly is definitely noticeable. I finally caved and started wearing maternity pants at 30 weeks. I still occasionally wear my regular pants with the belly band, since I only have 3 pairs of maternity (and am not buying more), but for the most part, I wear the maternity. I am now going to the doctor's every two weeks and everything, thankfully, looks perfect. My weight gain is fine (+17lbs so far!), baby is measuring right on and appears to be head down (for now), blood pressure is still low (100/60), and all my lab work came back fine.

Now for the running news....I am still going strong! I actually gave up running outside about 2 weeks ago. My parents were on my case, plus, I was starting not to trust myself on the sidewalks. Many of them were covered with leaves and chestnuts, so I was afraid I would take a spill. Now, I am resigned to the treadmill for the remainder of my pregnancy. I am currently running 5 miles 5 days per week. This is pretty much the same that I have been doing the entire pregnancy. My pace has slowed way down (about 9:15 per mile), plus I stop about 2 times per run to recover. I just figure that I am still running decent mileage and every mile counts! Once November is over, I may need to reevaluate. 5 miles is getting really tough! I did buy a Gabrialla support band and that has been a lifesaver for my back.

Our new nursery and bathroom is starting to come together. Poor Aaron has been working like a madman to get everything finished. The room is now carpeted and the furniture is assembled. He still needs to put in the closet organization system, and put the vanity and toilet in the bathroom. Then, we can start decorating and putting the baby stuff away. I had a fabulous shower and got pretty much everything on our registry. This is one lucky baby boy! It's hard to believe that he'll be here in less than 2 months. I have a feeling that he is going to come a little early even though every keeps telling me that first babies come late. 1/11/11 is a pretty neat birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you have started using treadmill, By what you have mentioned you are all set to have a smooth pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete