Monday, October 11, 2010

It's a boy!

OK, so I am a really bad blogger! I announce my pregnancy and then don't blog for 10 weeks! All is well with me. I continue to feel great and am still running 25 miles per week with relative ease. Baby Boy is measuring perfectly and is kicking up a storm. I truly believe that staying so fit is helping me have a healthy pregnancy. I haven't gained much weight and am still wearing my regular pants (with a belly band). I am wearing loose fitting tops with some maternity thrown in there, mainly because I think I look like I put on a few pounds rather than pregnant. I can definitely still hide the pregnancy, but I am getting to the point where I'd like to have a bit more of a bump! I'm sure it is coming in the next few weeks as the baby continues to pack on the pounds.

I miss running! I went to the Steamtown Marathon yesterday to cheer on my uncle and it was hard to stand on the sidelines. The ironic thing is that I was so burnt out after Boston that I wouldn't have ran Steamtown even if I was pregnant! Running has just become such a big part of my life that it's hard to sit back and watch, even though I am super excited for the next stage in our lives. I think I am going to register for the Lehigh Valley Half Marathon on May 1st as my "comeback" race. It won't be a PR performance, but it will get me back out there and in shape. I am pretty confident that I will be able to finish, even though it won't be pretty. This will set me up perfectly to train for a fall 2011 marathon! By having a goal, it keeps me motivated and reminds me that I can have a running life post baby! I may be getting up at 5 AM to run, but that is the price I will have to pay.

Our house is a mess. Everyone keeps asking me about a nursery and I have to laugh because it's not even close. We have an enclosed finished porch/room on the second floor of our house that we pretty much used for storage. It runs the length of our two spare bedrooms, so we decided to install a jack and jill bathroom with a walk-in closet for each bedroom. After that is finished, we will work on the nursery. My goal is to have the nursery finished by the end of November. Aaron has been busting his butt trying to get the latest project finished and the dry wall is being hung this week, so hopefully, we will meet our deadline. When there is a little more progress, I will post some pictures.

That's all for now. I promise I will update more often!

2 comments:

  1. Had no idea you were prego! Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are very excited and can't wait for January to be here!

    ReplyDelete