Sunday, December 6, 2009

Last week before training begins

I cannot believe that I am about to start another training cycle. Honestly, I am just not feeling it. Running through the winter does not thrill me at all. I dread the thoughts of long runs on cold early Saturday mornings. It drives me crazy that it gets dark so early. I can't even really get much running in after work outside. I used to love running on my treadmill, but after being outside so long, I have really started to dislike it. I need to find better television shows to watch! I can't wait til my basement is finished since we are mounting a tv directly in front of my treadmill. I can't imagine running on a treadmill staring straight ahead!

I did my "long" run outside on Friday after school because I was going to NYC on Saturday, and really, just don't like to run long on Sundays. I rushed home from school, immediately changed, went to fire up the Garmin, and it was dead! Was I annoyed! I decided to stick to Wyoming Avenue, since I know the exact mileage from my house, plus it is relatively safe to run in the dark. I ran 2.5 miles to the Gateway Shopping Center, back to my house, and repeated! BORING! Plus, traffic was heavy, so I got stuck at many of the lights (and no, I am not one of those people who jog while they wait for the light to change....so unnecessary!). I saw my sister at the bank, so I stopped and chatted with her for a few minutes. My legs didn't feel great. I had pulling in my hamstrings and quads for the last half of the run. I guess I was still recovering a bit from the Diamonds and didn't realize it. I ran through it and was fine. Since it was only 10 miles and it was a little chilly, I didn't take any hydration with me. Probably not the smartest thing to do, since I have already dehydrated myself twice, but, again, I was fine. I don't know my pace and I didn't really pay attention to what time I left, not to mention my chat with Shelby and numerous stops at intersections, but I made it home by 5:15. It was pretty dark, but it made me feel a little better to know that by the time I am doing 10 miles runs mid week, I can get them done before 5:30.

I think I am going to take it easy this week. There will be plenty of weeks where I will HAVE to run, I will just enjoy not HAVING to. I really hope my attitude changes as the weeks go on or it is going to be a LONG winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment